Bad breath is something which no one ever wants to have. Bad breath is something which lowers your confidence and is not socially accepted and it becomes embarrassing at times. The reasons for bad breath can be poor oral hygiene, cavities, gum diseases, coated tongue, etc. the bacteria present in the mouth can be responsible for the foul smell. Foods like garlic, onions, coffee, cigarette smoking and alcohol can also result in a temporary bad breath. Not brushing properly can develop plaque in the teeth which increases the chances of foul breath.
Here are some of the remedies to cure bad breath
- Mouthwashes- mouthwashes can be beneficial in fighting bad breath. Go for mouthwashes which have zinc ions in it. Zinc is said to neutralize sulfur compounds in the mouth, which are generally responsible for bad breath.
- You can also try chewing herbs like fresh rosemary, parsley or spearmint to freshen up the breath.
- Brush twice a day. If you have bad breath then you should brush twice a day, without fail! Or get your teeth cleaned by your dentist to remove plaque.
- Brush your tongue too. People tend to ignore their tongue while brushing. It is very important to clean the tongue as well.
- Drink water as much as you can. Water keeps the mouth moist, preventing dryness. Dry mouth usually smells bad, thus you must keep your mouth hydrated.
- Eat foods like cucumber, watery fruits and vegetables.
- Pineapple juice is also good or reducing the bad smell.
- Oranges are also said to promote dental hygiene. Oranges contain Vitamin C and vitamin C helps in increasing saliva production. Saliva is responsible for washing away foul-smelling bacteria from the mouth.
- Eliminate smoking and chewing tobacco products.
If you still face the symptoms, then you must consult the dentist.