Intermittent fasting has been used as a weight loss strategy among people looking to shed extra kilograms and maintain a healthy weight and become popular with a new analysis of health benefits and getting a slimmer body. This process may slow down your aging and disease. This will help you out in weight loss and weight management and also provide health benefits.
Researchers at the University Of Florida College Of Medicine examined what short periods of fasting do to your body in addition to lowering body weight.
Intermittent fasting involves quick fasts interspersed with normal eating. One form is the popular 5:2 diet in which you eat normally on five days of the week. On the remaining two, you eat about 25% of your usual calories.
Intermittent Fasting providing Health Benefits
Improves physical appearance and performance
Lower risk of Non-Communicable Disease
Improves Immune System
Lowers and stabilize Blood Pressure and Blood Sugar levels
Improves life performance
Increases HDL (good) cholesterol
Improves lipid and liver profile
Significant weight loss
Two basic methods of Intermittent Fasting
- You have to intake 25% calories of your normal diet on the two days of the week and the other five days, you eat your normal diet. This method of intermittent fasting is called 5:2 Diet. You can choose any two days of the week as your fast days either consecutive or gap during the week.
- In this, you plan for 16-hour fasting during a day and complete your eating within the left one eight-hour window during that specific time that has been left. For example, if you eat dinner at 8 p.m., then you should have to start your first meal at 12 o’ clock the next day.
Besides these methods, you should also maintain your diet which is filled with fiber, protein, gluten-free, high caloric sugarless diet.
- Vegetables, especially leafy greens
- Smaller portions of meats, fish, or eggs. Bake, roast, or grill rather than fry
- Plenty of water. You can also drink black coffee or tea without sugar.